UGC NET Preparation Tips are available below. Check Strategies to Prepare for UG NET Exam from here. Also, Know information about Preparation Tips for Paper I and Paper II, UGC NET Preparation Tricks and UGC NET Exam Pattern from this page.
UGC NET Notification 2020 has been released. Click here to see complete details related to UGC NET 2020 Application Form.
How to Prepare for UGC NET Exam?
The UGC NET Exam is one of the toughest exams in the nation. Every year, the competition keeps on increasing. The CBSE is conducting the UGC NET Exam on 5th July 2020. So, the aspirants have to start studying for the UGC NET Test. But, the question that raises is How to Crack UGC NET July 2020 Exam? The aspirants can refer the given below UGC NET Preparation Guide to clear the exam. The aspirants should keep in mind the UGC NET Exam Preparation Methods while studying for UGC NET Test 2020.
“Before anything else, preparation is the key to success.”
The UGC NET Preparation allows the aspirants to do well in the exam. The way you prepare determines how well you do in the exam? In scientific terms, the UGCNET Preparation is directly proportional to UGC NET Exam Result. If you prepare thoroughly, then you can get good marks which leads to a good result. Hence, read the mentioned below UGC NET Preparation Guidelines and acquire Junior Research Fellowship or eligibility for Assistant Professor job.
Important Point: UGC NET Exam Pattern has been changed. From this year, the exam contains Paper I and Paper II.
<< UGC NET 2020 Admit Card >>
UGC NET Exam Important Dates
|University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test 2020|
|Name of the Board||Central Board of Secondary Education|
|Organisation Name||University Grants Commission|
|Exam Name||National Eligibility Test|
|UGC NET 2020 Exam Date||15th to 20th June 2020|
|UGCNET Admit Card 2020 Download||15th May 2020|
|UGC NET 2020 Answer Key Release Date||June 2020|
|Result Date||By 5th July 2020|
|Level of Exam||State Level Exam|
“The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.”
Read UGC NET Preparation Tips 2020 | Guidelines to Prepare for UGC NET Exam 2020.
- Check Syllabus:
- Download the UGC NET 2020 Syllabus from here.
- Remeber that, UGC NET Syllabus varies for every subject. So, be careful to refer correct UGC NET Syllabus.
- Familiarize yourself with the syllabus and start UGC NET Preparation with easy topics.
- Only prepare for concepts mentioned in UGC NET Syllabus 2020. Don’t waste your time by studying topics that are out of the UGCNET Syllabus.
- Remember to mark the topics you have covered.
- Refer Good Books:
- While buying or downloading UGC NET Preparation Books, check whether they are covering all the syllabus or not.
- Also, follow the books that help you to complete the syllabus efficiently.
- Prepare Short Notes:
- While studying for UGC NET Test 2020, write essential points in a notebook.
- Prepare the notes in such a way that, once you revise the notes – you should be able to cover all your prepared topics in short time with ease.
- Manage Your Time:
- Prepare a study schedule along with breaks as over-studying may lead to drowsiness.
- Stay focused and concentrated while preparing.
- Start with the topics you can cover faster and then, slowly cover the syllabus which is harder for you.
- Also, Time Management is essential in the examination hall. Keep time limit for every page or section. First, select the options for known questions, and try time taking or harder questions later. If possible, keep few minutes to verify your answers.
- Stay Updated:
- You should keep some time to read news about current affairs as the UGC NET Exam includes questions related to General knowledge and current affairs.
- Utilize UGC NET Previous Papers:
- Practice with the UGC NET Previous Year Question Papers to test your knowledge.
- Utilize UGC NET Online Mock Test:
- There are online mock tests available on the internet. With CBSE UGC NET Mock Test, you can assess yourself and can know in which topics who have grip and which topics you need to study hard.
- Also, get UGC NET Preparation App which consists of the mock test, previous papers and so on.
- Take Rest:
- Take time off of 5 minutes for every 1 hour.
- If you do not take any breaks and keep on studying, your brain will get tired. And, you might not be able to keep your concentration.
- Be Healthy:
- ‘Health is Wealth.’ While creating a timetable, keep time breaks for eating food and little exercises.
- Take a right amount of relaxable sleep.
- Drink water from time-to-time. Keep a water bottle with you while preparing.
- Do not let the health problems create any disturbance from the time you start preparing for exam till you complete writing the test.
- Be Confident:
- Don’t get stressed about topics you might not have covered. Just relax and be confident. It helps the brain to be active.
- It is common to get nervous when the exam date gets nearer. Just know that you prepared well for all these days and stay positive.
“One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation.”
UGC NET Paper I & II Practice Tips | UGC NET Exam Preparation Strategies
As Paper-I contains general aptitude, it is helpful for other entrance exams. And Paper-II includes selected subject related questions. Hence, follow these UGC NET Exam Preparation and Practice Tips.
- For UGC NET Paper-1, practice as much as you can. For aptitude, ‘Practice Makes a Man perfect’ saying works perfectly. With practising, your brain gets used to aptitude based logical thinking.
- And, use tricks and formulas instead of regular procedures/ methods.
- Solve UGC NET Previous Papers and use UGC NET Books or UGC NET Preparation App to study by practising the mock tests.
- When it comes to Paper-2, the syllabus will be enormous. So, assign more time for Paper-2 subjects. As most of the Paper-2 involves studying theory, understand the concepts. If you are not able to understand few topics, then refer UGC NET Study Material.
- Try to use mind mapping techniques while preparing notes.
- First, cover basics in all topics and then, start studying in depth of the subject. Without knowing basics, you cannot understand the subject. If you cannot understand a subject, it will be harder to remember concepts.
- You may refer online courses, books/ preparation materials to understand the concepts.
<< Check UGC NET 2020 Subjects of Paper I & Paper II >>
UGC NET Study Tricks
- Use authorized books for UGC NET Preparation.
- Try to teach someone. It helps you to memorize the concepts well.
- The aspirant can use pictorial representations such as flowcharts, mind mapping techniques, diagram to remember the concepts.
- Also, check UGC NET Cutoff for Paper I & Paper II to have an idea regarding how much to prepare in for each paper.
- Revise basic maths concepts from class 10th, focusing mainly on understanding sets/patterns and improve your techniques.
“The preparation is what allows the success to happen naturally.”
UGC NET Subject Wise Preparation Guide 2020
How To Prepare For UGC NET English Literature
- First look at the syllabus for English literature.
- While preparing for any subject, having a good book with right content always helps. Hence, check out the following books:
- An Outline History of English Literature By William Henry Hudson.
- English Literature: Its History and Significance by Willian J. Long
- Glossary of Literary Terms by M.H. Abrams & Geoffrey Galt Harpham.
- An Introduction to English Criticism by B. Prasad
- Also, if you want to cover all the topics in short amount of time, refer these books:
- UGC NET/SET (JRF & LS) English Literature Paper II & III by Arihant Experts
- CBSE UGC-NET English Previous Year Papers by RPH Editorial Board.
- Trueman’s UGC NET English Literature by B.P. Panigrahi.
- Make your own short notes with essential points and facts. Refer this notes while going to exam once to revise all the topics.
How to Prepare for UGC NET Computer Science
- First, check the syllabus for computer science.
- Prepare from these books:
- Computer Knowledge by Dr. Alok Kumar or R. Pillai.
- Computer Awareness by Mini Goyal and Shweta Rani.
- Make sure to study basics in each concept.
UGC NET Economics Preparation
- Note down the syllabus for economics subject.
- Study from books:
- An Introduction to Economics – A. W. Stonier and D. C. Hauge.
- Monetary Theory and Public Policy – Kenneth Kurihara.
UGC NET Exam Pattern for Paper I & Paper II 2020
Until previous years, i.e., 2017 the board has included Paper I, Paper II and Paper III in UGC NET 2017 Exam. However, from 2020 onwards, there are only Paper 1 and Paper 2 in UGC NET Exam 2020.
From Paper I the officials assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. Whereas, Paper II is based on the subjects selected by the applicants.
The first step in ‘How to Prepare for UGCNET Exam?’ is to have an idea about UGC NET Exam Pattern for Paper-I & Paper-II. The UGC NET Paper Pattern is as follows:
|UGC NET Pattern for Paper 1 & Paper 2|
|Type of Exam||Name of the Paper||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Allocated Time|
|Objective type Exam with Compulsory Questions||Paper-I||50||100||1 hour (9:30 AM to 10:30 AM)|
|Paper-II||100||200||2 hours (11:00 AM to 1:00 PM)|
- In both paper-1 & paper-2, each question carries 2 marks. All the questions are compulsory.
- There are no negative markings for wrong answers.
Good Luck aspirants. Hope you will qualify for the UGC NET 2020 Exam.
Bookmark this site, to know information about upcoming Latest Entrance Exams.