UGC NET Eligibility 2020 prescribed here. Verify the UGC NET Exam Eligibility Conditions for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) & Assistant Professor. Get the UGC NET JRF Eligibility details such as Age Limit & Educational Qualification below.
UGC NET Eligibility – CBSE NET Exam July 2020
Are you desired of working in Teaching Field? If Yes, NET 2020 Exam is the Benchmark for the appointment of Junior Research Fellows and Assistant Professors in Indian Universities and Colleges. Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi manages the NET 2020 Exam on behalf of University Grants Commission. As per the latest sources, From the year 2020, the CBSE conducts the UGC NET Exam only once in a year. This NET Exam assesses the eligibility of the Indian National candidates for the Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) award. Also, determines the eligibility for appointment of Lecturers in specific subject areas in various Universities and Colleges across India.
CBSE Board accepts Applications from Eligible candidates only. So it is mandatory to check the UGC NET Eligibility Before going to apply for the Exam. Every Individual who wants to appear for the NET Exam must satisfy the prescribed Eligibility Conditions for UGC NET 2020. Here is a Note for the candidates that qualifying for Assistant Professor post will not be considered for the award of JRF. Therefore, the Applicants of NET should explicitly mention in the UGC NET Application Form that whether they are applying only for eligibility for Assistant Professor or for both JRF and Assistant Professor eligibility. Hence, Read the Complete CBSE NET 2020 Eligibility from the below Sections.
University Grants Commission NET 2020 Exam
|Event Name||Event Dates|
|Name of the Exam Conducting Authority||Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi|
|Name of the Exam||UGC National Eligibility Test 2020|
|UGC NET 2020 Notification publish on||16th March 2020|
|Commencement of UGC NET 2020 Online Application Submission||16th March 2020|
|Last Date for the Submission of UGC NET Application||16th April 2020|
|Application Fee Payment Closes on||17th April 2020|
|Release of UGCNET Admit Card 2020||15th May 2020|
|UGC NET 2020 Exam Date||15th June to 20th June 2020|
|UGC NET Preliminary Answer Key Release Date||Update Soon|
|Declaration of CBSE NET July 2020 Results||By 5th July 2020|
Latest Changes in UGC NET July 2020
- The Maximum UGC NET JRF Eligibility for the age limit increased by 2 years i.e 30 years.
- CBSE UGC NET 2020 Exam is conducted for TWO papers only instead of three as earlier.
CBSE NET Eligibility Criteria 2020
Here comes the Most Important Factor of UGC NET 2020 i.e. Eligibility Criteria. The detailed UGC NET July 2020 Eligibility Criteria explained here. See the UGC NET Eligibility 2020 Conditions. The CBSE NET Eligibility includes two sections, i.e., Educational Qualification and Age criteria. Refer the specified CBSE July 2020 UGC NET Exam Eligibility in the below section.
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY for UGC NET 2020
- The candidate must have at least 55% (without rounding off) marks in Master’s Degree OR equivalent exam from any educational institutions/ universities recognized by UGC in Computer Science & Applications, Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Electronic Science etc. are eligible to apply for this NET Exam.
- The Other Backward Classes native to belonging to non- creamy layer/ persons with disability (PWD)/ SC/ ST category candidates must have at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree are eligible for applying this Exam.
- As per the UGC NET Eligibility 2020 Criteria, The candidates who are currently pursuing their final year of Master’s Degree means the aspirants who have written or going to write their Master’s degree last year examinations can also apply for UGC NET 2020.
- The candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed or candidates whose result not yet released may also apply for NET Exam. However, these aspirants will be given admissions provisionally and shall be considered eligible for the Assistant professor or for the award of Junior Research Fellowship only after they have qualified their Master’s Degree or equivalent exams. These candidates must complete their P.G degree examination within two years from the date of NET Result failing which they will treat as disqualified with required percentage of marks.
<<<< UGC NET Admit Card 2020 >>>
Instructions on UGC NET Eligibility
- The Ph.D degree holders who have done their Master’s level examinations by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of the date of publishing the NET Result) are eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks, i.e. from 55% to 50% for appearing this Test.
- Candidates have to appear their Post Graduation on any subject covered in the list of UGC NET Subjects only. If the Post Graduation subject does not appear in the list of subjects, then the candidates may appear in a subject related to that list.
- Candidates neither required to send any printout of their Application Form (Confirmation Page) nor documents/ certificates in support of their eligibility to CBSE. However, the applicants, in their own interest, have to satisfy themselves about their Eligibility for UGC NET 2020.
- If the UGC/CBSE detected any ineligibility candidate’s application, then the board has the rights to cancel the candidature of that person and that candidates are liable for legal action.
- Aspirants in their own interest should ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi. (www.aiuweb.org) in the event of having post-graduate certificate/ diploma awarded by Indian Institute/ University or foreign degree/ certificate/ diploma granted by the foreign Educational Institute/ University.
<<<< UGC NET 2020 Cut off >>>>
UGC NET Exam Eligibility Age Limit & Relaxation
The Graduates who want to apply for UGC National Eligibility Test 2020 must be of age as specified below.
Junior Research Fellowship Age Limit for NET Exam 2020
- The Applicant should be Not more than 30 years old as on 01st November 2017. A relaxation up to 5 years given for the aspirants of OBC (as per the Central list of OBC (Non- creamy layer) available on the www.ncbc.nic.in website) PWD/ SC/ST categories and for women applicants.
- For the candidates having research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant/ related post-graduation degree subject will also relaxable subject to a maximum of 5 years only if they submit the certificate from appropriate authority. For the candidates possessing L.L.M. Degree, Three years relaxation in age will be permissible. Total Age Relaxation of UGC NET Eligibility shall not exceed five years on the above ground(s) under any circumstances or conditions.
Age limit for Assistant Professor UGC NET 2020
There is no upper (maximum) age limit to for Assistant Professor in University according to the UGC NET Eligibility.
EXEMPTION (ELIGIBILITY FOR ASSISTANT PROFESSOR)
i) Qualifying the NET or SET or SLET Exam is the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/ Institutions/ Colleges. In such regard, exemption from NET/SLET/ SET governed by UGC amendments and regulations notified in the Gazette of India from time to time.
ii) Also, the Applicants who had qualified the UGC/ CSIR JRF Examination before 1989 exempted from appearing in NET 2020.
iii) UGC NET Eligibility For SET Aspirants
- The candidates who have cleared the SET (States Eligibility Test) conducted by UGC for Assistant Professor eligibility held prior to 1st June 2002, are not eligible to appear for NET 2020. However, they are likely to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India.
- The qualified candidates for SET held from 1st JUNE 2002 onwards, are eligible to apply for the Assistant Professor post only in the colleges/ universities situated in the respective state from where they have cleared their SET Exam.
CBSE NET 2020 Exam – UGC NET JRF Eligibility
NET stands for National Eligibility Test. The University Grants Commission (UGC) is responsible to conduct the NET Exam. Through UGC NET Exam, the Post Graduates can start their career as Assistant Professors or Lecturers in various Educational Institutions. Every year, The CBSE Board held NET Exam twice a year. But in this year 2020, The NET is conducted only once i.e. in the month of July. UGC grants Junior Research Fellowship to the NET qualified candidates interested in research work in various Colleges and Universities.
<<< UGC NET 2020 Paper 1 Syllabus >>>
National Eligibility Test July 2020
In the Year 1984, UGC for the first time introduced the Junior Research Fellowship program as a necessary qualification to conduct researches in Universities and Institutions as per the guidelines of Central Government. In 1988 Central Government made its mandate to clear the National Eligibility Test for Lectureship. National Eligibility Test (NET) was conducted for the first time in 1989. The National Educational Testing Bureau, UGC is supervising the NET. Since 2014, CBSE has been conducting the NET Exam on behalf of UGC. Till 2017, the UGC NET Exam held for 3 papers. But from 2020, the NET Exam Pattern has revised. Going forward, the Applicants have to appear only for two papers. Based on the candidate’s performance in both papers, the Assistant Professor Position Eligibility or JRF & Assistant Professor award will be given.
<< UGC NET Result 2020 >>
UGC NET 2020 Notification release on February 1st, 2020. The Candidates can apply online for the NET Exam 2020 from 2nd February 2020. Throughout the Country, UGC NET conducts in 84 Test centres for 94 Subjects. Therefore, Apply Online for CBSE NET 2020 Exam within the Specified dates after confirming the UGC NET Eligibility for JRF & Assistant Professor. Any Post Graduate candidate with minimum 55% (50% for SC/ST/PH candidates) Marks can appear for the UGC NET exam. Ph.D holders will get exemption of 5% of Marks. The Applicant’s age should be less than the Age limit of 28 years by the Notification Date. Moreover, There is No age limit for the Post of Lectureship.
Benefits of Qualifying UGC National Eligibility Test 2020
- The Qualified Candidates for NET categorized into two sections. They are
- NET Lecturer
- NET JRF
The NET is only a qualifying exam- it does not ensure one’s admission in any university/ institution. The aspirants whose rank is higher gets the NET-JRF after which one can apply for admission to Ph.D programmes. NET-Lecturers are eligible to apply for the post of Lecturers in colleges.
<<< UGC NET 2020 English Syllabus >>>
- National Eligibility Test enables a person’s eligibility to apply for Assistant Professor/ Lecturer Position in Colleges and Universities of India.
- By Qualifying National Eligibility Test, one can be eligible for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF).
- The Individual may take the test only in the subject in which they have pursued their master’s degree program. If any candidate has done Masters in Commerce, then he/she have to take the UGC NET Commerce Exam only. They will be considered for the lecturer position in the same discipline in Colleges/ Universities after qualifying the test.
UGC NET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Therefore, we have provided the complete information about the Eligibility for UGC NET 2020, which may help all the viewers. Read the Complete UGC NET Eligibility Criteria. Moreover, Refer the Official site for more details regarding UGC NET Exam Eligibility. Meanwhile, Bookmark our RRB Recruitment page to get all the latest updates regarding National level Entrance Exams in India like UGC NET 2020 Exam.