The TNEA Rank List 2020 will be released on 20th June 2020. Find TNEA Rank List 2020 Pdf Download Procedure. And, see Tamil Nadu TNEA Rank List 2020 details. View TNEA 2020 Merit List Releasing Date to download TNEA 2020 Rank List 2020. Also, check tie-breaking process for preparing Anna Univerisity Rank List of TNEA 2020.
17th June 2020: TNEA Rank List 2020 will be Release on 20th June 2020
TNEA 2020 Rank List / Merit List 2020
After applying for Tamil Nadu engineering Admissions, the candidates will be waiting for TNEA Rank List 2020. The Anna University which takes care of Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions publishes TNEA 2020 Rank List on its official website. The TNEA UG Rank List is published with overall rank and category wise rank. The candidate can access the TNEA Rank List 2020 Pdf by logging into their accounts. The officials prepare Rank List TNEA 2020 based on the candidate’s merit. If candidate’s name is on the TNEA Rank Lists 2020, then he/she can attend for Counselling. If the name of a candidate is not printed on Rank List of TNEA 2020, then he/she is not eligible for admission process. In case, if more than one candidate secures same marks, then, the authority uses tie-breaking criteria which is Inter-se-merit.
The candidate can find out more details related to TNEA Merit List 2020 by reading this article. Also, check TNEA Rank List 2020 pdf Download Steps to take a print out of TNEA 2020 Merit List.
Tamil Nadu NEA Rank List 2020
|TNEA Merit List 2020|
|Name of the Conducting Board||Anna University, Chennai|
|Admission Process Name||Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions|
|Courses Offered||Under Graduate (UG)|
|Level of Admission||State Level|
|Application Starting Date||May 2020|
|Last Date for Application||May 2020|
|TNEA Rank List 2020 Release Date||20th June 2020|
|Counselling Date||June 2020|
Steps to Check & Download TNEA Rank List 2020
- First, go to the official website, annauniv.edu.
- Now, login to your account by clicking on the log-in portal.
- Enter your email id, password and click on login button.
- Now, look for TNEA Rank List link.
- Click on that link.
- Then, a TNEA 2020 Rank List pdf appears on the screen.
- Now, click on ‘download’ option to save it.
- And, click on ‘print’ option to take a printed copy of TNEA Merit List 2020.
How is Anna University TNEA 2020 Rank List Prepared?
- The authority generates Tamil Nadu EA Rank List 2020 by considering the marks achieved by a candidate in subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in qualifying examination, i.e. HSC or its equivalent.
- The maximum marks set for each subject is 100. However, the physics and chemistry are combined with total 100 marks. That is, Maths carries maximum 100 marks, and Physics + Chemistry has 100 marks. Combining all subjects, the total marks is 200.
- However, in HSC the Tamil Nadu State Board and other boards functioning process differs. Also, each board uses a different methodology while assigning marks to its students. Hence, the officials of Anna University uses a normalization process to equate the marks of all applicants.
- In normalization process, if a student from Tamil Nadu Board has achieved highest mark which is 100 marks and a student from another board has scored 90 marks, then both marks are treated as equal to 100.
- Also, if a student of the same board scores 60 in the subject, where the highest mark is 90, then it is considered as equivalent to 66.66. The normalization is done as follows:
100*60/90 = 66.66
- After completing normalization process, the authority publishes a common TNEA 2020 Merit List.
Inter-Se-Merit for TNEA Merit List 2020
In case, if more than one candidate happens to obtain same marks, the officials use Inter-se-merit to assign TNEA Ranks 2020 to candidates. The preference is given to candidates by considering below given points. The inter-se-merit between the candidates is determined based on the following :
- The Percentage of marks in Mathematics,
- Percentage of marks in Physics,
- Marks Percentage in the fourth optional subject,
- Date of birth of the candidate, the older candidate is given priority.
- Assigned random number, the higher priority is given to the candidate who has a higher random number.
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) Rank List 2020 | TNEA Category Wise Rank List 2020
From above, we can see that the TNEA Rank List 2020 Pdf can be published by considering the merit of a candidate and the random number of candidate. Hence, the authorities publish TNEA 2020 Random Number before releasing Rank List of TNEA 2020. The Anna University TNEA Merit List 2020 determines whether the candidate can get admission in an undergraduate course or not. After checking the names in TNEA Selection List 2020, the candidates can attend for Counselling.
And, there are two TNEA 2020 Rank Lists. One is Open/ General Rank List, and another one is Community Rank List. In General/ Common Merit List, the candidate’s reservations are not considered. While in Community/ Category Wise Merit List is prepared on the basis of reservation category of the candidate. Therefore, the candidate can check TNEA Sports Quota Rank List 2020 and their related categories TNEA 2020 Rank List @ www.annauniv.edu.
TNEA Random Number 2020
After receiving an application from candidates, the officials verify all the candidate’s TNEA Registration Forms. Then, they separate the list of candidate who satisfies eligibility criteria from candidates who did not qualify for admission through tnea. Now, the authority assigns the random number of qualified candidates. That is, the Anna University allocates a random number to all the candidates who have applied for admissions. The candidates can check their TNEA 2020 Random Number from the official site. With this number, the student can attend for counselling. The TNEA 2020 Random Number is also considered while preparing TNEA Counselling Rank List 2020.
TNEA Counselling 2020
- After releasing Rank List TNEA 2020, the University starts conducting TNEA 2020 Counselling.
- The candidates after checking TNEA Selection List 2020 can appear for counselling.
- All the candidates whose names are in TNEA Ranklist 2020 are eligible to participate in counselling.
- The selected candidates have to download call letter.
- And, on notified date, the candidates should go for document verification by carrying all the required documents along with call letter for TNEA Counselling 2020.
- After certificate verification finishes, the University allocate seats to candidates and release counselling results on official site.
- The allocated candidate should download Provisional Allotment Letter and report to the college.
- The candidates should get admission in assigned college within the specified time.
Bookmark this website, www.rrbrecruitment.co.in to know the latest Engineering and Medical Entrance Exams. Also, you can know information regarding notifications, application form, exam date, previous papers, admit card, answer key, rank predictor, rank card, result, counselling and seat allotment.