NEST Exam Syllabus 2020 provided here. You can Download NEST Syllabus 2020 pdf for free from this page and start your preparation. With the help of both the NEST 2020 Syllabus and NEST Exam Pattern 2020, you can prepare a study plan. Also, read this article to know more details related to the National Entrance Screening Test Syllabus 2020.
NISER NEST Syllabus 2020 | National Entrance Screening Test 2020 Syllabus
The foremost thing to do while preparing for any competitive exam is to know the NEST 2020 Syllabus. Without knowing the NEST Entrance Exam Syllabus 2020, the candidates can’t prepare well for the NEST 2020 Exam. Since good preparation is necessary for qualifying the exam, we are providing the NISER University Syllabus 2020 to help the candidates to get ready for the NEST 2020 Exam.
Along with the NEST Exam Syllabus 2020, the candidates need to know the NEST 2020 Exam Pattern to generate an effective study plan. By getting familiar with the Syllabus of NEST 2020, the candidates can get awareness on all the topics that occur in the NEST 2020 Test.
Since the NISER Syllabus 2020 for NEST Exam contains many topics, the candidates might get worried and lose their confidence. So, study the subjects that have fewer topics instead of subjects that include huge topics from the Syllabus of NEST 2020. Go through the nestexam.in Syllabus 2020 in the below sections to get prepared for the NEST 2020 Exam. Also, the NEST Syllabus 2020 Pdf Download Link is provided below and read all the details related to Scheme of NEST 2020 Examination from below para.
NEST 2020 Exam Important Dates
|NEST 2020 Syllabus Pdf Download|
|Name of the Board conducting Exam||National Institute of Science Education & Research (NISER)|
|Exam Name||National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) 2020|
|NEST Admit Card Download Date||24th April 2020|
|Exam Date of NEST 2020||06th June 2020|
NEST Exam Pattern 2020 | NEST Marking Scheme 2020
Candidates can find accurate Exam Pattern of NEST 2020 from below. The National Institute of Science Education & Research (NISER) decides the NEST 2020 Exam Pattern. The NEST Exam Pattern 2020 includes five subjects – General section, Maths, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. NEST Paper Pattern 2020 is designed to test the candidate’s knowledge in above-mentioned subjects.
Also, the authority associates marking scheme with the NEST Test Pattern 2020 that includes the marks assigned for correct and wrong answers. The structure of the NEST 2020 Exam is as follows:
|S.No.||Subject Name||Marks||Type of questions|
NEST 2020 Marking Scheme
- The exam is conducted in online mode, i..e it is a Computer Based Test.
- The questions are of objective type questions.
- The total no. of questions asked is 230.
- For general section, there are no negative marks assigned for wrong answers.
- For other subjects, if a candidate answers wrongly for a question, negative marks are applicable.
- The total duration of the NEST 2020 Exam is 3 hours.
Syllabus for NEST 2020 | NISER NEST 2020 Syllabus Section wise
By checking the Latest NEST Syllabus 2020, the candidates can know the newer topics that are added. Moreover, by referring NEST Subject Wise Syllabus 2020, the candidates can be aware of the topics that are left balanced after preparation. Here, the candidates can get the Detailed NEST 2020 Syllabus Topic Wise.
NEST Subject Wise Syllabus 2020 | NISER Syllabus 2020
The candidates can check and download the Updated NEST syllabus 2020 in pdf format from this page. To get the NISER Syllabus 2020, the candidate has to click on NEST 2020 Syllabus Pdf Link (available below). The Syllabus of NEST 2020 contains the following subjects.
- NEST General Section Syllabus 2020
- Biology Syllabus,
- NEST Syllabus for Chemistry 2020,
- Mathematics 2020 Syllabus,
- MEST 2020 Syllabus for Physics.
NEST Exam Syllabus 2020 for General
The NISER has not provided any specific Entrance Exam Syllabus for General Section. The NEST Syllabus 2020 for General Section includes the topics from NCERT/ CBSE Class 11 & 12 syllabi. This section consists of questions that are designed to test the student’s aptitude in a science career that includes
- Major historical milestones in
- Environment, and
- Computer Science.
- Passages and their related questions on scientific topics.
NEST Biology Syllabus 2020
- Cell Theory,
- Nucleic Acids,
- Basic Concepts of Molecules,
- Cellular Respiration,
- Principles of basic Techniques in molecular biology,
- Discover and structure of DNA,
- Principles of basic techniques in molecular biology,
- Competitive & Non-competitive Inhibition.
Genetics & Evolution
- Evidences & Theories of Organic Revolution,
- Mitosis and Meiosis compared & Contrasted,
- Reduction Division,
- Medel’s Laws of Inheritance,
- Role of Mutations in evolution,
- Elaboration of Mendel’s law of Inheritance,
- Human Genetics.
- Interspecific associations,
- Flora and fauna,
- Basics of microbial systems,
Biology of Animal systems
- Digestive System,
- Circulatory System,
- Respiratory System,
- Excretory System,
- Reproductive System,
- Nervous System.
Biology of Plant System
- Anatomy and physiology of plants,
- Plant growth & development,
- The internal structure of a root,
- The internal structure of dicot,
- Comparative study of dicot and monocot leaves,
- History and importance of Photosynthesis,
- Factors and Mechanism,
- Stomatal Mechanism,
- The significance of life cycles,
Syllabus for NEST 2020 – Chemistry
Measurements in Chemistry
- SI units,
- Fundamental quantities.
- Avagadro concept,
- Mole fraction,
- Molar masses,
- Equivalent weight and normality,
- Percent Composition,
- Law of partial pressures,
- Vapour pressure,
- Diffusion of gases.
Atomic Structure & Chemical Bonding
- Bohr Model,
- Uncertainty Principle,
- Filling of Orbitals,
- Gas laws,
- Ideal gas equation,
- Real gases and deviation from ideality,
- Liquefaction of gases,
- Van der Waals equation,
- Kinetic theory of gases,
- Average, root mean square,
- Most probable velocities & their relation with temperature,
- Law of partial pressures,
- Vapour pressure,
- Diffusion of gases.
- First law of thermodynamics,
- Internal energy,
- work and heat,
- Heat of reaction,
- Enthalpy and enthalpy change,
- Hess’s law,
- Fusion and Vaporisation,
- The second law of thermodynamics,
- Free energy,
- Criterion of spontaneity.
- Laws of Chemical Equilibrium,
- Equilibrium Constants,
- Acids & Bases,
- Relationship of K and G,
- Degree of Association,
- Solubility Product,
- Hydrolysis of Salts,
- Common Ion Effect.
- Redox reactions,
- Electrochemical Cells,
- Standard electrode potential,
- Electrochemical series,
- Electrolysis & Faradays Law of Electrolysis,
- Rates of chemical reactions,
- Order of reaction,
- rate constant,
- First order and pseudo first order reactions,
- Factors affecting the rate of reaction,
- concentration, temperature (Arrhenius equation), catalyst.
Classification of Solids
- Amorphous and Crystalline solids,
- Seven crystal systems,
- Closed packed structure of solids (cubic),
- packing in fcc, bcc and hcp lattices,
- Packing efficiency,
- nearest neighbours,
- ionic radii,
- Simple ionic compounds,
- Imperfection in solids,
- point defects,
- Electrical and magnetic properties,
- band theory of metals.
- The solution of solid and gas in liquid,
- The concentration of the solution,
- Ideal and non-ideal solutions,
- Colligative properties,
- Vapour pressure of the solution,
- Raoult’s law,
- Molecular weight,
- Determination from lowering of vapour pressure,
- Elevation of boiling point and depression of freezing point,
- Abnormal molecular mass,
- Vant Hoff factor,
- Osmotic pressure,
- Reverse osmosis.
- Physisorption and chemisorptions,
- Factors affecting the adsorption of gases on solids,
- Adsorption isotherm,
- Catalysis – homogeneous and heterogeneous,
- Preparation and properties of colloids,
- Tyndall effect,
- Brownian movement,
- Electrophoresis, coagulation,
- Application of colloids,
Classification of Metals & periodicity in properties
- Modern periodic table,
- Periodic trends in properties of elements,
- Oxidation state,
- Classification of elements,
- Atomic/ionic radius,
- Ionization energy,
- Electron gain energy,
- Electronegativity, valency,
- Chemical reactivity,
- Diagonal relationship,
- Anomalous behaviours of Li, Be, B, C.
S Block Elements
- Properties and reactions of alkali metals with emphasis on chemistry of Na and K and their compounds-oxides,
- Chlorides and sulphates and its uses,
- Preparation and properties and reactions alkaline earth metals with emphasis on the chemistry of Mg and Ca and their compounds.
- Nomenclature of mononuclear coordination compounds,
- Hybridization and geometries of mononuclear coordination compounds,
- Werner’s theory, VBT, CFT,
- General methods of extraction involving chemical principles,
- Electrochemical and redox principles,
- The occurrence of metals,
- Magnetic properties,
- Metals and metallurgy,
- Thermodynamics principles,
- General operation stages involved in the metallurgical operation,
- Metallurgy of p–block element.
NEST Physics Syllabus 2020 – Unit Wise
- Units and Dimensions,
- Dimensional Analysis,
- Least Count,
- Methods of Measurement,
- Design of some simple experiments,
- Graphical representation and interpretation of date.
- Thermal Physics,
- Electricity and magnetism,
- Modern physics.
NEST Syllabus for Maths Unit Wise
- Logarithms and their properties,
- Analytical Geometry,
- Differ Calculus,
- Integral Calculus,
What is NEST 2020 Exam?
The National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) is a national level entrance exam which is conducted by National Institute of science Educational & Research (NISER). The NEST exam conducted only once every year. The NEST 2020 Exam is conducted to provide admissions into 5 years integrated M.Sc programmes offered by National Institute of Science Educational & Research (NISER), Bhubaneshwar and University of Mumbai, Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE-CEBS). NEST 2020 Exam is conducted in 106 cities across India.
In June 2020, the exam conducted. And, the exam entrance ticket, ie. hall tickets released in April 2020. After checking the NEST 2020 Exam Dates, prepare by following provided NEST Syllabus 2020.
Visit our site to get other details of NISER NEST 2020 Exam. Also, bookmark our site RRB Recruitment to obtain the latest information on National Level Entrance Exams.