Mumbai University Admission for the academic year 2020-21 will be started in the month of May. The candidates who want to take Admission in Mumbai University have to submit the MU Application form on or before the last date. To take UG/ PG Admission, the candidates first submit the Mumbai University Pre Admission form 2020-21. Go through the upcoming sections, to check the complete information regarding mu.ac.in Admission 2020 such as Eligibility Criteria, Courses Offered, Reservation Criteria, etc.
Mumbai University Admission Schedule 2020
|Availability of Mumbai University Application Form||Last week of May 2020|
|Last Date to Submit Mumbai University Online Admission Form||2nd week of June 2020|
|Pre Admission Online Registration Mumbai University Starting Date||1st to 2nd week of June 2020|
|Last Date for Submission of Mumbai University Admission Form along with Pre-Admission Form||2nd week of June 2020|
|Releasing Date of Merit List of Mumbai University 2020 Admission||4th week of June 2020|
University of Mumbai Admission 2020-21 Procedure for All Courses
- Admission to all the Under Graduate courses will be done on merit-based except for B.Sc (Hospitality and Nautical Science) for which the university organize the separate entrance exams.
- For Admission in Mumbai University BHM course, students have to participate in the MAH B.HMCT CET conducted at state level.
- Mumbai University conducts Drawing Test and Entrance Test for Admission into BFA & BMS courses respectively.
- For some specializations of MA and M.Sc courses, Admissions is offered on the basis of score in the university-based Entrance Exam while for other specializations the MU Admission is completely merit-based.
- Mumbai University Admission for B.Tech/ B.E/ B.Text and B.Pharm are based on the score obtained in MHT CET which conducted by DTE.
- MU Admission to Integrated BMS+MBA program is based on the marks secured in Mumbai University Common Management Entrance Test (MUCMET).
- Based on the Candidates’ performance in the MAH M.ARCH CET conducted by DTE Maharashtra, the University will give Admission to M.Arch course.
- MU MMS and MCA Admission are offered on the basis MAH MBA/ MMS CET and MAH MCA CET scores respectively.
- GATE exam passed candidates are eligible to apply for Mumbai University M.Tech, M.Text & MFSM programs.
- The University conducts specific entrance tests for Mumbai University Admission 2020 into MMS, LL.M, M.Mus and Master in Theatre Arts courses,
- M.Phil, PhD and D.Sc Programmes Admissions are offered on the basis of the university-based entrance test followed by an interview.
- Based on GPAT score, the candidates can get the M.Pharm Admission in Mumbai Universiy.
- GATE/ UGC NET/ SLET/ CSIR NET/ JRF or any other equivalent examination passed candidates are also eligible to apply for Mumbai University Online Admission 2020.
Eligibility Criteria for Mumbai University Admissions
Basically, the candidates have to complete the 10+2 examination from a recognized board for taking the Mumbai University UG Admission 2020. Also, the students should pass any Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university.
- UG Courses in Science: Students should be passed 12th Examination in Science stream (Medical/ Non-medical) as per the chosen course.
- Under Graduate Courses in Commerce: To take Mumbai University Commerce courses, the candidates have to clear the 12th examination. Also accounts & mathematics as the compulsory subjects.
- UG Courses in Arts: The candidates should complete the 12th Class examination from any discipline.
Courses Offered by Mumbai University
The University offers various Under Graduate Programmes such as LLB, B.E., B.Arch, B.Pharma, B.Sc., B.Tech, B.A., B.Com, BMM, BFA, MBBS, B.Ed, PG courses like LLM, M.E., M.Arch, M.Tech, M.Sc, M.Com, M.A., MCA, PG Diploma Courses, Diploma Courses, Doctoral & Research Programmes and Certificates programmes in different fields.
Certificate Courses (CC) – Arabic and Islamic Studies
- Certificate Course in Basic Programming
- Cert. Course in Computer Operations
- Computer Engineering (Auto CAD) – Certificate Course
- Certificate Course in Capital Market
- Certificate Course in Derivatives
- Database Programming – Certificate Course
- Certificate Course in Italian
- Certificate Course in Financial Management
- Power Builder – Certificate Course
- Certificate Course in Office Automation
- Certificate Course in System Analysis and Designing
- Sound Recording & Reproduction – Certificate Course
- Certificate Course in Visual C++
- Certificate Course in Visual Basic
- Web Page Designing – Certificate Course
- Certificate Course in Web Application Developer
- Certificate Course in French
- Windows-NT-Server – Certificate Course
Courses in Diploma Field
- Diploma in French
- Diploma in Italian
- Dip. in Investment Studies (DIS) – Part Time
- Diploma in Arabic & Islamic Studies
- Diploma in Music
Under Graduate Degree Courses
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) – French Studies
- Bachelor of Education (BEd) – Physical Education
- Ed) – Mentally Retarded
- Bachelor of Education (BEd) – Hearing Impaired
- Bachelor of Education (BEd)
- BFA – Painting
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) – Applied Arts
- BFA – Music
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) – Metal Work
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) – Sculpture
- BFA – Interior Decoration
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) – Textile Design
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) – Ceramics
- LLB – General
- Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS)
- Bachelor of Library Information Science (BLISc)
- BSc-IT – Information Technology
- Bachelor of Mass Media (BMM)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting & Finance)
- B. Com.
- B.Com Financial Markets
- Bachelor of Commerce (Banking & Insurance)
- Bachelor of Science (Home Science )
- B.Sc. (Computer Science)
- Bachelor of Science (Nautical Sciences)
- B.Sc.(Hospitality Studies) degree course
- Bachelor of Science (Bio-Technology)
- Bachelor of Science (Aviation)
- B.Sc. Maritime Hospitality Studies
- B.Sc. in Sports Management Degree Course
- B.Sc. Maritime Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Forensic Science
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) (Part-time)
- B.E. (Full-time)
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.)
- Bachelor of Textiles (B.Text.)
- B.Chem. Engg.
- Bachelor of Chemical Technology (B.Chem. Tech.)
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.)
- B.Pharm. Sc.
- Bachelor of Architecture with Interior Design course
- Bachelor of Performing Art (B.P.A.) (Dance)
- B.P.A. (Music) (Karnataka Vocal/ Instrumental)
- Bachelor of Music (B.Mus.)
PG Diploma Courses
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Indian Navy) (P.G.D.M.)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Continuing Education and Management
- PG Diploma in Financial Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resources Management
- PG Diploma in Materials Management
- PG Diploma Counseling
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Management of Insurance Sector
- Post-Graduate Diploma Linguistics
- PG Diploma Special Education (Multiple / Disability Physical and Neurological)
- Post-Graduate Diploma Buddhist Studies (part-time)
- Post-Graduate Diploma Human Rights
- PG Diploma Journalism through Urdu medium
- Post-Graduate Diploma Study of Religion
- Post-Graduate Diploma Philosophy of Communal Harmony and Social Peace
- PG Diploma Urdu, Theatre, Scriptwriting and Translation Adaptation / Translation
- Post-Graduate Diploma Slums Studies and Development
- Post-Graduate Diploma German and European Inter-Cultural Studies
- PG Diploma Course in Tourism & Travel Industry Management
- Post-Graduate Diploma Travel and Tourism Management
- Post-Graduate Diploma Film Lekhan
- PG Diploma Radio and Television Lekhan
- Post-Graduate Diploma Rural Management
- Post-Graduate Diploma Therapeutic Intervention Skills for Psycho-Social Disorders
- PG Diploma Media and Disability Communication
- Post-Graduate Diploma Museology and Conservation
- Post Graduate Diploma in Public Policy
- PG Diploma Women’s Studies
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Environmental Laws and Practice
- Post-Graduate Diploma International Studies
- PG Diploma in Environmental Pollution Analysis and Control
- Post-Graduate Diploma Environment and Development
- Post-Graduate Diploma Mysticism
- PG Diploma in Environmental Technology
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Food Processing and Preservation
Post Graduate Diploma Courses
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Dietetics and Applied Nutrition
- PG Diploma in Industrial Chemical Process Operations (P.G.D.I.C.P.O.)
- Post Graduate Diploma course in Horticulture
- P.G. Diploma in Techniques in Chemical Industry (PGDTICI)
- Post-graduate Diploma course in Perfumery and Cosmetics Management
- P.G. Dip. in Energy Audit and Alternative Energy Sources
- Post Graduate Diploma Course in Remote Sensing Technology & Geographic Information Systems
- Post-graduate Diploma in Actuarial Science
- PG Diploma in Analytical Techniques
- Post Graduate Advanced Diploma in Naval Architecture & Shipbuilding
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
- PG Diploma in Digital Composting and Visual Effects (PGDDCVE)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Applied, Statistics with Software
- P.G. Diploma in Forensic Science & related Law
- P.G. Diploma in Digital and Cyber Forensic and related Law
- Post-Graduate Diploma Course in Cyber Law
- Post-Graduate Diploma Course in Human Rights and Laws
- PG Diploma in Criminal Law, Procedure and Practice.
- Post-graduate Diploma course in Intellectual Property Rights
- Post-Graduate Diploma course in Juvenile Jurisprudence and Juvenile Justice system
- PG Certificate course in Alternative Dispute Resolution (A.D.R.)
- P.G. Diploma in Dance and Fitness
- Post-graduate Diploma in Consumer Protection
- Post-graduate Diploma course in Biodiversity
Post Graduate Degree Courses
- Master of Arts (MA) – Psychology
- Master of Arts (MA) – Arabic and Islamic Studies
- MA – Economics
- MA – French Studies
- Master of Commerce (MCom)
- Master of Communications & Journalism (MCJ)
- MEd – Physical Education
- Master of Education (MEd) – Hearing Impaired
- Master of Fine Arts (MFA) – Music
- Master of Law (LLM)
- Masters Degree in Financial Services Management (MFSM) – Part Time
- Master of Physical Education (MPEd)
- Master of Library and Information Science (MLISc)
- MSc – Information Technology
- Master of Science (MSc) – Biotechnology
- Masters in Management Studies (MMS)
Research and Doctoral Programmes
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil) – Education
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil) – Bio-Chemistry
- MPhil – Botany
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil) – Mathematics
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil) – Economics
- MPhil- Chemistry
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil) – Hindi
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil) – English
- MPhil – Kannada
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil) – History
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil) – Geography
- MPhil – Gujarati
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil) – Physics
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil) – Philosophy
- MPhil – Organic Chemistry
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil) – Physical Chemistry
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil) – Sociology
- MPhil – Sindhi
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil) – Microbiology
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil) – Statistics
- MPhil – Zoology
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil) – Urdu
- Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) – Commerce
- Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) – Chemistry
- PhD – English
- Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) – Education
- Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) – Physics
- PhD – Geography
- Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) – Sanskrit
- Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) – Philosophy
- PhD – Sociology
- Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) – Sindhi
- Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) – Urdu
- PhD – Statistics
Brief Info on Mumbai University 2020 Admission
|Mumbai University Admission 2020-21|
|Name of the University||Mumbai University|
|Number of affiliated colleges||749|
|Year of establishment||1857|
|Number of University Departments & Institutes||60|
|Also Called||University of Bombay|
|Official Web Portal||http://mu.ac.in|
Mumbai University Application Form 2020
To take Admission in Mumbai University the candidates need to submit the MU Application form 2020. For that, they have to submit the Mumbai University Pre Admission Form 2020. Finally, they should submit the Mumbai University Application form Online along with the Pre Admission form on or before the last date. The students are required to upload the required scanned documents and pay the requisite amount of Mumbai University Registration Fee through available channels.
Online Admission Form Mumbai University
The University of Mumbai will release the Application forms for Admission into more than 600 programmes in the month of May 2020. Applicants are required to fill the Mumbai University Pre Admission Form online 2020 and submit the Application Form along with the Pre Admission Enrolment Form before the last date. Also, the candidates have to submit the Mumbai University IDOL Admission Form 2020-21 through online mode for Distance Education.
Mumbai University Admission 2020 Merit List
The Mumbai University Admissions are strictly based on the Merit List of Entrance Exam or Qualifying Examination. The MU first Merit List will be released in the 4th week of June 2020. It releases the University of Bombay 2020 Merit List category wise as per the Mumbai University Admission 2020-21 dates. The university will also issue the cut off marks. After the declaration of MU Cut Off marks, eligible candidates will be called for Documents Verification.
[ Check, All India Results 2020 – 19 ]
University of Mumbai Admission Counselling 2020-21
After the declaration of Merit List, the Mumbai University 2020 Admission Counselling will take place. The counselling schedule of Mumbai University for various courses will be displayed on the university website. The Candidates those names will appear in the merit list need to attend for the documents verification.
As per the rank displayed in the Mumbai University Admission 2020 Merit list, the seats will be alloted to the students on the basis of their choice of preference and qualifying examination marks. The candidates are suggested to attend for the Mumbai University Admission Counselling 2020 without fail.
Documents to Submitted At Mumbai University Online Admission 2020
The following documents have to be submitted at the time of MU Admission 2020 for the verification process.
- Degree/ provisional certificate of the qualifying exam.
- 10th/ 12th class marks sheet or passing certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Valid ID Proof.
Mumbai University Seat Reservation
The University has reserved the seats for some categories. Here, the candidates can check the MU Reservation Criteria for all categories.
|Category Name||% Reservation|
|NT- 1 (B)||2.5|
|NT – 2 (C)||3.5|
|NT – 3 (D)||2|
About Mumbai University
The Mumbai Univesity is a state public university and is located in Mumbai, Maharastra state. The MU is one of the oldest universities in Maharastra. It was established on 18th July 1857. The former names of the University of Mumbai are Mumbai University and Universit of Bombay. The main motto of the University is ‘the Fruit of Learning is Character and Righteous Conduct’.
The University of Mumbai (MU) has 711 affiliated colleges. The University has 3 campuses across Mumbai, namely Kalina Campus, Fort Campus and Thane Sub Campus. Also, it has one campus outside the Mumbai. All the aspirants studying at this university can know the Mumbai University Admission 2020-21 schedule in this post. And, the www.mu.ac.in is an official website of this university.
We hope the information provided in the above sections about Mumbai University Admission 2020 will helpful for the candidates. Still, if the candidates have any doubts please leave the comment in the below box. Moreover, bookmark this rrbrecruitment.co.in site to check more latest updates on MU Online Admissions 2020-21. Although stay in close with our website to check Latest University Admissions Updates.