The CEED Syllabus 2020 Subject Wise and CEED Paper Pattern 2020 mentioned below. Download the Official CEED 2020 Syllabus Topicwise for effective exam preparation. Get the Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) Exam Pattern here along with CEED Exam Dates. Also, know more information regarding CEED Exam Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2020, by reading this page.
IITB CEED Syllabus 2020 (Topic Wise)
All the candidates who apply for CEED 2020 Exam, wait for the CEED Topicwise Syllabus 2020 and CEED Exam Pattern 2020 to decide how to prepare for the exam. The CEED 2020 Syllabus included topics from which the questions are asked in the CEED 2020 Exam. So, we have gathered the CEED 2020 Exam Syllabus.
Usually, the Syllabus for CEED (Common Entrance Examination for Design) Exam 2020 – 2021 is prescribed by the exam conducting body, i.e. IIT Bombay. It releases a digital copy of ceed.iitb.ac.in Syllabus 2020. Since the CEED 2020 Exam is for design courses, the candidates can find various designing topics in Syllabus of CEED 2020. Also, the CEED Entrance Exam Syllabus includes aptitude topics.
Here, on this webpage, you can find Latest CEED Exam Syllabus 2020. Read the Complete Detailed CEED Syllabus 2020 Subject Wise and start preparing for this exam.
< Check UCEED 2020 Syllabus >
CEED 2020 Exam Details
|CEED Exam Syllabus Pdf|
|Conducting Board Name||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay|
|Exam Name||Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|CEED Online Registration Dates||09th October to 09th November 2020|
|Admit Card Download Date||01st January 2020 onwards|
|CEED 2020 Exam Date||19th January 2020|
CEED Exam Pattern 2020 | IIT CEED Exam Paper Pattern 2020
Before knowing the Complete CEED Syllabus 2020, it is necessary for candidates to know the CEED 2020 Exam Pattern. Hence, in this section, we are giving the details of CEED Paper Pattern 2020. As usual, the CEED Test Pattern 2020 is be set by IIT Bombay.
The candidates can check here the CEED Exam Pattern 2020 that displays details such as question paper pattern, exam mode, marking scheme, question distribution, marks, exam duration and so on. The Exam Pattern of CEED 2020 is as follows:
- CEED 2020 Exam: The exam consists of two parts: Part A and Part B
- Exam Mode: It is a computer-based test. The questions for Part A and B are displayed on the computer screen. And, the candidates have to provide his answers for Part A in the system itself and for Part B in an answer sheet provided by the invigilator.
- Duration of Exam: The CEED 2020 Exam is held for 3 hours out of which Part A gets 1 hour, and Part B gets 2 hours.
- Types of Questions: Part A consists of Numerical Answer Type, Multiple Select and Multiple Choice Questions. And, the Part B contains drawing based questions for which the candidate has to answer on the provided sheet.
- No. of Questions: Part A contains total 45 questions. Part B has 8 questions. Among these, for 1-5 questions, the candidates have a choice to attempt one question, and they have to attempt all remaining questions.
- Marking Scheme: Total 100 marks are assigned for both Part A and Part B. Also, in Part B, the questions from 1-5 carry 50 marks each.
CEED Part A Exam Pattern
|Type of Questions||No. of Questions||Marks Awarded||Negative Marks||Total Marks|
|Numerical Answer Type (NAT)||10||3||–||30|
|Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)||10||2||–||20|
|Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)||25||2||-0.6||50|
CEED 2020 Syllabus Section Wise | CEED Exam Syllabus 2020
Since the CEED 2020 Exam is held in two parts, we are specifying the CEED Topic Wise Syllabus 2020 separately for Part A and Part B. The CEED Entrance Exam Syllabus 2020 is as follows:
CEED Syllabus for Part A
Visualization and spatial ability:
- It contains Pictorial and diagrammatic questions that are designed to tests the candidate’s ability to understand transformation and/ or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships.
Environmental and social awareness:
- It includes questions related to general awareness of environmental factors such as vegetation, climate, natural resources, population, pollution, water, weather, etc., and their implications on the design of products, infrastructure, images, and environment.
- Awareness of design terminologies, cultural and social connection with design, socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses and history of the designed artefact.
- History of literature, art, and sculpture.
Analytical and logical reasoning:
- Ability to analyse given information logically and select solutions that are most appropriate.
- Ability to weigh arguments or solutions, opinions against appropriate criteria.
- Ability to use structured and logic thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a no. of statements is most accurate response to posed question.
Language and creativity:
- Ability to understand commonly used English language passages.
- Ability to think creatively regarding alternatives, distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
Design thinking and problem solving:
- Ability to understand the users, context and the constraints and select the most appropriate solution for a given design
Observation and design sensitivity:
- Ability to detect concealed properties in a day to day life and think critically about them.
- Ability to observe subtle differences in visual properties & aesthetic outcomes.
Syllabus of CEED 2020
- Ability to draw people, scenes or products in proportion with good line quality, proportion, composition, perspective, and shading.
- Ability to come up with diverse as well as unique solutions by thinking out of the box
- Ability to communicate ideas and concepts clearly with the help of visuals and text.
Analytical and problem-solving skills:
- Ability to understand the context and the user, knowledge of properties of materials and process and their appropriate use in design, originality of solutions, ability to create characters, plots, and stories, etc.
About CEED Entrance Exam
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay is an organizing authority for Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED). The CEED 2020 Exam is a National Level Entrance Examination and is held one time every year to provide admission in Post Graduate and Ph.D. programmes in Designing.
The candidates can join in various Institutes located all over India. The MDes course offered by IIT Banglore, Bombay, Hyderabad, Delhi, Guwahati, Jabalpur, Kanpur and Ph.D. programmes accept the CEED score to provide a seat. Hence, to grab a seat in these colleges, prepare well by referring the Updated CEED Syllabus 2020 and CEED Exam Pattern 2020.
To know information related to other State and National Design Entrance Exams, bookmark this site. Also, follow this site, RRB Recruitment to check latest updates related to various categories such as application form, previous papers, exam date, answer key, admit card, cut off marks, slot booking, rank estimator, result, rank card, merit list, counseling and allotment letter.